The best thing about living a natural lifestyle are the delicious foods that you can have with incredible flavor and textures. Once you remove the refined, processed and chemical laden ingredients from your cooking, new worlds open up. The recipes often get simpler with minimal ingredients and reduced prepping times.
We love having dessert, especially chocolate, because of the great antioxidant properties it contains. Do you remember having a real chocolate truffle for the first time? Usually, the experience is one of absolute delight, leaving you thinking to yourself “where has this been all my life?”. Yes, it can be that good. So imagine our excitement when we came across this incredibly healthy version of a chocolate truffle from Paleo Hacks using avocado of all things. The combination of coconut oil, avocado, and cocoa powder is a trifecta of healthy goodness. Don’t wait or hesitate to enjoy this recipe.
Image courtesy of: pastryaffair
Super Healthy Silky Dark Chocolate Truffles Recipe
The secret behind these creamy, antioxidant dark chocolate truffles that taste sinfully good? A powerful, healthy ingredient: avocado!Tools
- Parchment Paper
- 1 ripe, medium avocado
- ½ cup dates, soaked and drained
- ¼ cup dark cocoa powder + 2 T reserved for dusting
- 1 ½ T melted coconut oil
- 1 ½ T coconut flour
- dash of sea saltInstructions
- Place all ingredients in a blender (except for the 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, which are reserved for dusting).
- Blend on high for 5 minutes (until silky smooth).
- Prepare an assembly line with a plate and a parchment paper. Tape the paper down to prevent it from moving. Sprinkle it with the 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder.
- Scoop one tablespoon of the batter and roll into a ball.
- Roll the ball over the cocoa powder on the parchment paper. Place it on the plate.
- Repeat until all batter is rolled into balls and covered in cocoa powder.
- Refrigerate balls 2-3 hours until hardened and enjoy!